Monday, October 29, 2007

Haiti trip - take one......

Well, as usual, I LOVED being in Haiti. I met up with half of the team on Friday night and the rest on Saturday. We flew into Haiti bright and early on Saturday morning and were greeted with the warm sun upon our arrival. After gathering all our bags and making it through customs with zero bags searched, we filed onto the bus and headed to my favorite spot in Haiti, the orphanage. Obviously, many of you know it's not the beauty of it's location but the precious gifts that dwell inside its gates that make it my favorite.

I hurried through the gates and was greeted by my friend, Angela. She had told all the children they would have to stay behind the side gate, so only after they were called did my three come barreling toward me. What a delight to finally hold my babies again. I had missed them soooooo much and couldn't wait to get my hands on them. I would say by the look of these faces they were a little happy to see me as well.
We had a great time together. We talked about their Papa, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles and everyone else in Indiana waiting for them to come. We discussed the fact that it is getting closer and we are praying it would be very soon.

All of the older kids have been talking about when the kids are coming home. Steven let me know that Noah would be first with Mia and Hope and then Jonas and he and Belle. They all know what order they got parents and feel like that is how they should leave. What joy there will be when the time comes to tell them they are coming home!! I can just imagine the excitement of the others as some go home, knowing they might be next.

My beautiful girls went for chest x-rays while I was there and Praise God they were all clear. No TB found! Mia was her beautiful, beaming self with a helpful hand at any moment. She is such a joy to be around. Her smile is contagious.













Hope is getting so big. She loves being with her brother and sister and was constantly asking me to take a picture of them. Every little bit she would say, "photo, Mama, photo."

Noah was his usual handsome self. He was sure to find my arms empty and ask to fill them. He is so good to let Hope be the baby but when she is busy he reminds me that it's ok for him to be held too....of course all this is said with a simple, "pote'm"

15 comments:

Ashly said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time with your children :) I pray it will be soon when you can hold them in your arms every day!

Kathy Eden said...

You are truly blessed with amazing & beautiful children...all 6 of them! I love their smiles!

Angela said...

Praying they fill your arms very soon...on an airplane headed to Evansville!!!

Tanya said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I am praying that they will be home soon! You all have had such a long wait.

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Cutie pa-tooties! Those smiles melt my heart! I cannot wait to meet your children in just 4 days, Michelle. I will be sure to hug them for you all!

Blessings!
Colleen

Elisabeth said...

i'm glad you hads a good trip! (i need to get myself down there soon!)

Lisa said...

Michelle,
Glad to see you are back and that you had a great trip. I love your blog. You are an inspiration:)
I am praying for your family to be all together soon.
God bless!

Brandy and Troy said...

tIt sounds like you had a wonderful trip!!! I hope you remembered to love on the kids for me!!!

Brandy and Troy said...

(I knew that you did!!!!) I just wanted to hear about it!!!

angela said...

praying for the day, longing for the day, you'll all be together again! these pictures are . . . wonderful. thanks, zanmi'm!

Hope and Rob said...

Praying for you! Glad you were there to welcome our kids back! What an exciting time! All our love and prayers for a family soon brought together!

Michelle said...

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers! We serve a faithful God and we know He will bring them home soon!!!

Beth said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!! I'm glad that your travels were safe and that you got to spend some precious time with your three beautiful kiddos!! :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures mom.

Stephanie said...

Such beautiful pictures of such beautiful children! May them be home in your arms, very, very soon!