Monday, January 28, 2008

Our God is so faithful!!

On Wednesday, my mom called with the news that they had diagnosed her with breast cancer, and she would be going on Friday to see what they wanted to do next. The Doctor had said they caught it early, but NOBODY ever likes hearing those words, "you have cancer."

On Thursday, I called Mom and asked if I could go with her to the Dr. so I could hear what the options were. She agreed and in the end my mom, step-dad, sister and I all left for Indy Friday morning. We had a great trip there laughing and enjoying each others company. I think Mom was thrilled to have my sister and I as a distraction. We tend to get a little crazy and simply have a good time.

We arrived at the Dr's office and I think we all had butterflies as we waited to hear what she had to say. The first words were the best we could have heard, "She's going to be ok." Praise God!! Honestly, the results could have only been better if they would have said, "we made a mistake." Mom is at stage 0, meaning they caught it as early as you possible can. She is having an MRI on Friday to confirm, but they believe they will be able to do a lumpectomy with radiation treatment and that's it!! We have been praising the Lord for this wonderful news. As the Dr. put it, if you have to have cancer, this is how to have it. : ) Praise God for answered prayers!!! Please join us in praying that Mom's MRI is clear and they can proceed with treatment as planned!!

Mom is such an amazing person!! I am so thankful for the example she has always been to me. One thing I have heard time and time again is, "She has a way of making everyone she meets feel special and loved." It is so true. If anyone is an example of the love of God, it is her! Thank you Lord for giving me such a wonderful mom! Help me to follow her lead in sharing Your love with others!

This picture is from my very first trip to Haiti. Mom conquered her fear of flying and went with me when I met Noah. I met so many wonderful people on that trip and my life has never been the same. Thanks, Mom, for being my traveling buddy! I look forward to many more trips with you in the years to come! I love you!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying!!!

angela said...

i remember sharing a room with you guys because i got locked out of the orphanage, remember? she is amazing and i loved getting to know her! i am thrilled with those results and seeing the power of prayer! i will continue to pray for her!

Michelle said...

Yes, I remember it well! What a trip that was, from start to finish there was NEVER a dull moment. :)

angela said...

has there ever been? really?

Angela said...

Still praising God for this!!!!

Elisabeth said...

praise God!! praying!!

Sarah and Tim said...

Wow Awesome! I am so happy to hear such wonderful new, when news like this doesnt come often!!! Praise our fabulous God

Brandy and Troy said...

Troy loves your Mom. He has always said what an awesome woman that she is. Know that we are praying for her!! We love you guys!!!!!!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Thank you, Lord, for such wonderful news! We are praying for your mom, Michelle!

Hugs!
Colleen

Todd said...

Prasing...Praying...and Claiming right along with you. You mom is truly one of the sweetest mom in the world, and makes the most BRILLIANT potato soup on the planet!!

Kathy Eden said...

Praise God for the good news & I continue to pray for total & complete healing!!!

megan haug said...

happy to hear the good news!! praying that everything goes smooth, simple and as easy as possible for her and the family. He is faithful!

Salzwedel Family said...

Praying for your mom's complete recovery. Praise God this was caught so very early.

junglemama said...

That is the best possible news for this diagnosis. Praise God!

Karen Combes said...

Praise God that it was Stage 0. That is the best scenario for breast cancer. (I was stage 3) I will pray for positive news after her MRI and for her as she undergoes surgery and radiation.
Love ~ Karen

Kristina said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I can be a testimony to how your mom treats others. I always feel so welcomed by her. Loved by her.

I am praising God for such good news and I will be praying for her! Thank you for sharing!

livingpurereligion said...

Oh my goodness! This is GREAT NEWS! I guess we can move that prayer request to a praise already!!! We'll continue praying, though, that all goes well.

SOOOO happy to hear this!
Love, Cara

Hope and Rob said...

We will be praying! God will be faithful! I love the picture of your mom and Noah... I know my mom would be there in a minute holding her grandkids too. It's amazing to me the bond our MOMS have with their Haitian grandkids even from a distance. =)

CG said...

Praise God for wonderful news in the midst of the storm. Praying for wisdom for her docs and a quick recovery!

Nana Kellie said...

My mom too had breast cancer. She had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation and has been cancer free for 10 years! Praise God!