Thursday, April 17, 2008

Strength!

I hope my recent post doesn't have everyone thinking we are struggling. I really wanted to post the video in celebration of the strength that has come in waiting on the Lord. We are encouraged, strengthened and at perfect peace! Our Lord is so faithful and we are not wrapped up in all the details, but know without a doubt that the Lord can handle it. : ) He started this journey and He can and will complete it. Of course we still anticipate everyday "the call" that we are out of MOI, but it doesn't haunt us, it's just an excited anticipation of what God is going to do! We have truly cast our care over on the Lord and trust His plan, His timing, and His perfect will! I determined that whether the kids come home next week or next month, I will rejoice, so I might as well enjoy the journey. Being sad, worried, anxious, stressed, etc.....doesn't change even one aspect of this process, so I might as well be happy, trusting, peaceful, and carefree. That is, in fact, what the Word tells us to do anyway, right? "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding with guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 This scripture sums up what has happened in my heart.

Do I still miss them? Of course. Do I still long for the day they will join us? Without a doubt. Can you be happy in the midst of these two things? I found out, that absolutely you can. You can enjoy the joy of the Lord in every circumstance! Praise God!!

So, if you haven't yet, scroll down and watch the video, but do NOT do it without a smile on your face and joy in your heart. Please celebrate with us that strength has risen as we wait on the Lord!!

9 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Amen! What a wonderful post Michelle! You & Jeremy are such an encouragement to me. Thanks!

Sarah and Tim said...

so glad that you have that kind of contentment!

angela said...

amen!!

CG said...

How I pray the Lord would give me the strength and peace He has given you. I am only able to grasp it here and there. I have to start over daily, sometimes hourly. I am encouraged to think that at some point I might get to where you are.

Gail said...

How can you not look at those faces without smiling???? Man, I adore your kids!!

megan haug said...

i smiled!!

cathy.troy said...

Amen! That was an awesome video and post. The Lord is my strength and refuge.

Chad Becker said...

Hey Michelle, Thanks for the post, still waiting for Presidental Approval... Attorney is down there working hard and says soon, there is about three other families from ANA in the same boat as us. I keep checking your blog waiting to see an exit from MOI! I think things are moving across the board though!

Kristina said...

Thank you! This really spoke to me!!!!!