Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"You are the light of the world."


What makes everyone watch fireworks?

I realize it is tradition to watch fireworks during special Holidays, especially Independence Day. However, I bet most of us could probably admit that when we notice fireworks going off, we stop and watch, at least for a moment. Is it because of tradition? I don't think so.

I believe it is because that in the midst of darkness there is a beautiful light shining. In Matthew 5, Jesus tells us that we are the light of the world. We are suppose to be that beautiful light in this dark world. We should shine with the light of Jesus enough that people notice. Not that they see us, but that they see the light of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. Do they see the light of His love, His joy, His peace, His compassion......

I pray today you are the light of the world, that you allow Jesus to shine through so all will stop and watch. I pray they will be drawn to your light and in that moment they are drawn to your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Lord, help us to be Your light.

5 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

Michelle, I love reading Every Thing you post! You have a way of really making me think, making me want more, making me do more! Thank you for being the Light to me!!!!! Love, Sarah

angela said...

i LOVE fireworks! nice analogy! i'll work on it!

Lisa said...

Loved this post!!! I pray for more "fireworks" for Christ.
Thank you for sharing Michelle:)

Kathy Eden said...

Awesome message! Thanks for sharing!

Elisabeth said...

that is a great post!