Friday, November 09, 2007

Basking in His presence...

The presence of the Lord is such an amazing place!! There are often times that the circumstances of this life can weigh heavily on us. We long for the day when Heaven will become our home and the fact that we will no longer have the evils of this world to contend with. We think of spending time with our Lord and Savior face to face and what a joy that will be. I want to encourage you today, though, to bask in the presence of our Maker. Acts 3:19 tells us that times of refreshing come in the presence of the Lord. When we spend time with Him our spirits are enlightened, our flesh is strengthened, and our minds are renewed.

He desires us to come to Him. Matthew 11:28 says "Come all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest." The Amplified Bible says, I will ease, relieve and refresh your souls. How good does that sound? Why then do we neglect so great a salvation? Why do we sometimes postpone our time with Him waiting for a more convenient time and the next thing you know it's tomorrow. Why do we not cast our care over on Him and allow Him to give us that rest?

We have recently experienced some challenges and the only thing we could do was trust Him. I am so thankful that we can go to Him, trust Him, cast our care over on Him and just spend time in His presence, being refreshed! I am thankful that His Word can speak to us and even though I have been beat down by circumstances I have truly been refreshed in His presence.

Psalm 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

Psalm 23:6 (Amplified)Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

12 comments:

Angela said...

Praying and trusting with you sister! :)

Angela said...

By the way, I love that picture of Mia...goes great with the title. :)

Kristina said...

Ditto, praying here as well.

We serve a mighty God and he is smiling upon you and Jeremy!

angela said...

wow. you rock.
the Lord is amazing!!

Ashly said...

Check out the song "In Your Presence" by Charity Von.
It is one of my favorites!

Kathy Eden said...

Amen sister!!! Basking, standing, & praying with you!

Lara said...

Thank you Michelle. Your faith and testimony are powerful and I needed to hear this! God bless you!

Lisa said...

Michelle,
Thank you for this post...I needed it today. I love the scripture you shared and the picture of your daughter...thank you for being a great testimony to me. May God bless you and your family....we continue to pray for all the Indiana/Haitian adoptions :)
Blessings,
Lisa

megan haug said...

awesome post, thanks for the reminder! bask in the presence of our Maker. i love that you used the word "bask". the dictionary defines it as "relaxation and pleasure". this is something i often fail to do...just come before the Lord, give him my worries, and enjoy His presence! great Scriptural reminders too...thanks!

Elias said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elias said...

Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day
Darkness and light are alike to You.
~Psalm 139:12

A friend brought this verse up in a sermon recently. Sometimes life seems "dark" but the darkness is like light to God--He is always in control and brings good in and through all of it!

Praise Him!

Laura said...

This is so encouraging. Thank you!! I need His relief and refreshment. I need so much more of Him. You gave me more thru this post!