Saturday, February 09, 2008

Phone call #2

Again, it is so wonderful having this opportunity to talk to them. This time I only talked to Mia and Samendia(another little girl coming to Evansville).

Mia was speaking English so well! I couldn't believe how much she has picked up in the month that Sandy has been there. Sandy said she doesn't speak much Creole yet and she only speaks English to the children in hopes it will help when they go home. It will definitely help Jeremy because as Mia pointed out, He doesn't speak Creole. :) When she talked to Jeremy or about him she said, "My Daddy!" I think it maybe melted his heart just a little. ;) Before, she usually called him Papa Zeromy, so it was pretty sweet to hear her say, "My Daddy." I tried to speak Creole with her, but she said, "I don't speak Creole." :)

She asked us how our day was, said she was doing good in school, and asked if she could come home. I told her they were coming soon and she said, "When? Saturday, or...." I said I didn't know, but I knew it would be soon. It was so hard not telling her I was coming to see her. I wanted to so bad, but I didn't. I can't wait! She wanted to see the house, so I again showed her what I could. She got really excited about the piano and Jordy played a little song for her.

Jordyn had a friend spend the night last night, so we introduced her and Mia asked if she was her sister too. I told her no she was a friend and then Mia asked if she lived here too. We said no but she lives in Evansville. That seemed to satisfy her about that. :)

Samendia then got on the phone and said, "Hello Meeshell! I love you! How are you?" She said hello to Jeremy and then we got cut off. It was so fun! I love this new communication opportunity! It truly helps the wait to be not quite as painful. Thanks again Don and Sandy for making it happen!

(Picture compliments of Sandy's post from the first phone calls)

5 comments:

Angela said...

That's awesome. I was wondering if you were going to give in and tell her. I have to call Steven and Belle in 5 minutes. I can't wait. Thanks for the update. Mia is so cute. See ya at 3:30. :)

Kathy Eden said...

I'm so glad you had a good phone call. We did too but I'll save the details for my blog :o) I'm sure it was hard not telling her but she is going to be soooooo thrilled when she sees you!!!

megan haug said...

oh Mia!! "i don't speak Creole" that's so cute! :) and i can imagine "my daddy" would melt Jeremy's heart! precious!!

i'm so glad you all have this new way to communicate with the kids!!

angela said...

i love when she says she doesn't speak creole!! 'member when she told that haitian man she only speaks english when he was trying to hit on carsen and i?!! ha ha ha! that girl is a natural!

Shannon H. said...

VERY funny! Looking forward to meeting you soon and seeing you with your kiddos.