Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I came home.....

Jeremy and I made the VERY tough decision for me to come home without the children. It was not easy and still hard at times to think about, but after lots of prayer and many tears shed we decided I was more needed here at home. I wasn't able to do much concerning our adoption other than check on the progress. It finally came down to Jeremy saying, "We need to give it to the Lord, completely. We need to trust Him and believe that He is working it out, and that we can do together, at home."

The kids were sad, but they did great. I think it helped all of us to know that it won't be long now. They really are coming home soon. We continue to pray that they will be out of MOI soon, due to the Embassy closing, but will trust the Lord's timing!

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Thank you to many of you who were so encouraging and praying for me. I felt your prayers and appreciated your encouraging words! I look forward to the day when I can tell you that my three Haitian beauties are coming home, but until then I will praise the Lord for He is good and His mercy endures forever! His faithfulness endures to all generations!

Lamentations 3:22-24 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!”

12 comments:

Sherry said...

Ahhhh I am so glad you are home now...and I know how hard it must've been for you to leave the girls behind. I guess I had been thinking on one of your posts that you had already come home and then realized a week ago that, in fact, you had not.

I am still praying that the paperwork gets finished and there are no hold ups so that the girls come home soon!

Renee said...

Hi Michelle,
I am glad you had precious time with your children, I pray that they will be home soon. I am adopting 2 boys from Haiti and have been in MOI for 3 months. I have thought about going and staying until our boys can come home..we haven't felt that it was time to do that..yet.
Can you email me and tell me what you know about the embassy closing??
Thanks,
Renee
noahsmommy _ daddy@ yahoo.com

Abbie said...

Oh Michelle . . . I was praying you & Jeremy wouldn't even have to make this decision! Still praying for their quick arrival.

Love,
Abbie

P.S. What's going on with the embassy and what does that impact?

Kristina said...

Hopeing along with you my friend!

When I found out you were coming home I cried. My heart ached for you just imagining how torn you mudt have felt. I have lifted many prayers up for you and will continue to do so!

I love you!

Brandy and Troy said...

I love you my friend....I am praying for you and your family. You are all very special to Troy and me. My heart is breaking for you. Praising him with you and waiting to see his awesome hand move on your behalf!!

Anonymous said...

praying they are home before april!!! praying hard!

Dana might need a baby-sitting buddy when there's 6 kids...i'm totally volunteering...

Kathy Eden said...

I continue to pray with & for you Michelle, & your family. Praying that you will all be filled with His peace & comfort while you wait just a little longer. Praying that it will be just that...just " a little" longer. {{{ Hugs }}}

Kathy Cassel said...

What a hard decision. Praying it won't be long now.

CG said...

Oh Michelle, I am so sad for you. I know it must have been unbearable to leave them again. But I rejoice that you are reuniting with the rest of your family, and I pray you'll ALL be together SOON! I too, am curious about the embassy closing thing. Can you share more info on that?

angela said...

my dear friend, i know this was one of the hardest decisions ever, but i know that the faithfulness of the Lord IS great!! i can't wait to rejoice with you SOON!!

Nikki said...

She is SO beautiful. I would love to go to Haiti one day...

Nikki

cathy.troy said...

Praise God for His faithfulness! I can't imagine what a hard decision that must have been. One day all the waiting will be over!!! Until then, praising God along beside you!