Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Hope first

Hope had her first birthday at home yesterday! Our baby girl turned four! She had a great day! Thanks to the threat of winter weather, it was a small gathering, but for Hope it was perfect. We had pizza(one of her favorite things), cake, ice cream, and presents!


When she opened her presents she became so shy. For many of you, you know this is not a Hope normal. ; ) I think she was a bit overwhelmed by the 100% focus on her. In fact there was one moment that melted my heart completely. We gathered around her and sang Happy Birthday before she blew out her candles. She sat and listened with this beautiful smile on her face. Once we were finished, she knew what to do. Out the candles went and immediately she buried her head in her hands. I knew she was crying. It wasn't a cry with any noise, just the kind with tears. I walked around and knelt beside her, wrapped my arms around her and whispered, "Happy Birthday Hopey! We love you." She wiped her tears away and we proceeded to cut the cake. She truly was overwhelmed by the moment.


So, like I said, our baby girl is four! We were so happy to have her home for this special occasion!

We love you, Hope! I pray you are blessed by the Maker of Heaven and Earth! I pray you come to know Him at an early age and will follow His plan for your life. I pray you will serve Him with all your heart and will KNOW in whom you have believed! I pray you will trust Him at all times and will continue to have a heart for prayer, in Jesus name, Amen!

11 comments:

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Okay, so I am crying now...
Happy Birthday Hope. We love you!

Kathy Cassel said...

She's beautiful.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Hope! What a special memory!

Salzwedel Family said...

Happy Birthday Hope! I'm so glad you were able to celebrate at home. God bless you.

Hope and Rob said...

awww... Hopey... that's what my family calls ME! I love it!

Just to think... how she felt... so overwhelmed by love... that's the way we ALL will feel when we finally make it to heaven and stand in front of God, when we REALLY understand how MUCH He loves us! What a sweet girl!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweetie pie!

angela said...

oh sweet sweet hope! i'm sure that was a whole new feeling and experience! she is just so adorable, michelle! (although i cannot forget jeremy's description!)
i hope she got my message. i saw it marked on my calendar so i had to call. i knew i wouldn't get anyone :) but i wanted her to know that she is not forgotten in california!
love love love!

Kathy Eden said...

Okay...I'm with Gretchen...I'm crying too & all choked up. What a special, precious moment!
Happy Birthday Hope!!!

Lisa said...

She is just beautiful...It sounds like she had a wonderful birthday:)
God bless,
The Wells Family

Zaankali said...

What a beautiful moment with a beautiful little girl.

Gail said...

Happy Birthday, Hope! I miss you so much (so does Shane). You are getting so big. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life! Much love from the entire Gray family!

Elias said...

happy birthday Hope!

thanks for sharing, Michelle.

such a beautiful little girl.