Saturday, January 14, 2006

Finding Noah

You know how you hear of people finding love on the internet. Well, I'll go one better. I found my son on the internet. For the first year, 7/4/04 - 7/4/05, we did a ton of research. I looked into different countries, different agencies, etc.... and one day I was watching a show on TV about adoption on the Discovery Health channel. One particular couple was going to Haiti, now I have watch this show several times and saw several adoptions from a variety of countries, but there was something about this one that tugged at my heart. I began to do some research on Haiti, and the children available there. I was shocked at the number of orphans in this tiny country, because you don't hear of that many adoptions from there. However there are hundreds of thousands of orphans in a country about the size of Maryland. I was hooked, something told me my son was there. This was different than when I knew the Lord spoke to my heart as I described in my earlier post, this was more of a knowing, as a Mother sometimes does. I began to make some contacts with different people and found an agency I thought we would use. They had pictures on their website of "waiting children". I would look at those pictures and there was one little boy with sad little eyes that got my attention every time. Little by little I was drawn to him and finally one day I ask the agency contact about him. When she sent me his information, I sat at my computer and cried. Not necessarily because his story was so sad, but because I believed I had just found our son. I shared the information with Jeremy and his response was, "What do we need to do?" We decided a couple of months later to adopt independently, so I made contact with the orphanage I thought he was in, hoping I was right, and indeed he was there. I had found Noah!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful page.I can't wait for another update. The Lord has placed you and Noah on our hearts and we are praying for you all!!!
God Bless!!!
Troy and Brandy Marshall

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a stoy...it has really touched my heart and made me cry. He is beautiful. I am praying for you and your little Noah. I can't wait to see how God blesses him and your family. What a perfect example of how God knew our heart before we were born and predestined us and adopted us into his family. Noah is so blessed to have a mom that is so obedient to God's calling. You continue to encourage me in our own journey for our little girl. Although we are in a waiting period right now because of age it has given us an awesome opportunity to pray for her before conception...I know God will unite us in his timing. I am just so excited that God placed adoption on our hearts before we tried for biological children. I truly believe this is his plan for us and I can't wait. Thank you again for sharing your story. It's always a blessing to read about God's glory!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to add my name to the bottom...

the last post was from Angela