Monday, February 13, 2006

Proceeding as Planned

Well, I am proceeding as planned. I have booked our flights and we should be leaving March 8th. I spoke with the Parent Liason today and our Noah is doing well. She was there last weekend and she said he is doing very well and coming out of his shell a little. For the first time she got to hear a good "belly laugh" from him. Up until this time he had giggled at the most. He came to her and wanted her to hold him and smiled spontaneously. I know this seems simple to us, but for this little guy coming to the orphanage was hard on him. He was extremely sad at first and as you can tell has been a bit withdrawn. I can't wait to see his smile and hear his laugh.

My Mom has decided to join me on the trip. I am so excited to share this experience with her. From what everyone says it is a life changing experience and I am thrilled to have her with me. As I said we will leave March 8th arriving in Haiti March 9th. We will be staying in St. Joseph's Home for Boys close to the orphanage. As long as everything goes well, Noah will get to go with us to St. Joseph's in the evening and sleep with us as well. This time is going to be so precious. I can hardly wait. We will also be doing some work on the "O" while we are there, that is if they can pull me away from Noah. LOL!!! Our return flight is March 14th. Please be praying for us, as I know leaving Noah there is going to be hard. Praise the Lord for His grace though!! It will be sufficient!!

I also will be taking supplies to donate to the orphanage so if anyone is interested in donating items, please let me know via e-mail and I can send you the list of items needed. Thanks to all of you who have been reading my posts and praying for us. We trully appreciate it!! God bless you all!!

1 comment:

jen said...

I would like to donate some items, if I can.