Friday, June 15, 2007

Missing our kids.......

You know most days I do pretty good. I miss them everyday, but for the most part I feel like I can handle it. Well, the last few days I have felt it beginning to get stronger and stronger and now, today, it's painful. I want our kids home!! I love them so much and can't wait for them to be with us. So this post can be read by anyone but unfortunately it won't be read by who it is for.

Noah,
Hey buddy! I know it's your birthday Monday and I'm terribly sorry I won't be there for it. I sent you a present and YouYou will give it to you when she comes home. Please know that Mommy and Daddy love you very much and wish more than anything that you were home for this, your fourth birthday. You are getting so big and I am so very proud of you. I miss you more than any typed word could ever express! I love you and I'll see you in 4 weeks.













Oh, my Mia,
My beautiful Mia! What a blessing you are to us already! I know you have been missing Mommy lately and I'm sorry I can't be there to hold you when you're sad, to pray for you when you don't feel well, and to play with you when you're looking for fun. I promise I'm praying everyday for you to be able to come home soon and if there is one thing I know it's that we serve an awesome and faithful God who wants you in our family. So Mia, you pray too and I know God will bring you home. I love you and I'll see you soon.



















Sweet Hope,
I'm amazed at your beauty. When I see your smile it literally brightens my day. You are so special to me! I know that you are not as aware of whether you are "home" or not but I am. Mommy and Daddy are working on your room that you will share with all your sisters. I can't wait for the day when I will see you in it. What a big girl you will be sleeping in that big bed. I love you baby and I'll be with you soon.













Love,
Mommy

18 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

I am so sorry that your are missing them so much. I wish they could already be home with their forever family. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you. Stay strong, and know I will pray that the next few months will pass very fast!

Jordyn said...

I can`t wait for that moment either Mom!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mommy, the love you show me while you're here stays with me even when you're gone. I know that I will be home soon, but You You is watching out for me while you are gone. I can't wait to be home to cause a little trouble with my brother (and I'm sure Daddy will help). I love you!

Anonymous said...

It is hard when you're not here, but I will see you soon. I've colored you some more pictures, but I might have gotten a little out of the lines. How is my Papa? I am fine. Noah made me cry the other day, but that's what brothers do. I will see you soon. I love you Momma.

Anonymous said...

I miss you holding me, but I will see you soon. I smiled today for you. Mia helped me color a picture for you, but then I ate the crayon. It wasn't good. I can't wait to try a happy meal, I've heard so much about them. I love you and will see you soon. Will you bring me something pretty?

Michelle said...

ok, I don't know who did this, but thank you!! It brought tears to my eyes!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Beautiful children. It sounds like you are close to having them home. I am in first legalization-- along way to go! And after meeting them last month, it's worse! Hope you can have them in your arms soon.

Kathy Eden said...

I don't know what touched me the most...Michelle's beautiful words for her children or "their" words to her. I'm all choked up!

Elisabeth said...

OK! Someone is REALLY trying to me cry!...That person is Succeeding!

Kathy Eden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Eden said...

Ok...Let's try this again. I deleted the above comment because I didn't "proof" it & it had quite a few errors in it.
Just in case anyone is confused by the 2 back to back Kathy posts earlier I want to clarify who's who. The first post was by the Kathy who lives in Florida & is adopting children from another orphanage. The second post was from me...you know...ME :o)

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I found your blog through April Salvant's blog and have really enjoyed reading your posts. This one made me cry because I know what you are feeling. My husband and are in Parquet and waiting to bring our daughter home from Haiti too. We miss her so much and pray for her daily....I pray that your Noah, Mia, and Hope will be home with you soon. (Hope is the middle name we have given our daughter).
Blessings to you and your family,
Lisa Wells, Lexington, KY

Kristina said...

Michelle,

Thank you for sharing. Knowing You You she will share your words with the children!

These kids are sooooo blessed to have you as their mom! I truly long for the day your children come home. I consider it a priviledge to be by your side during this journey!

I'm raying my friend!

angela said...

i'm crying in the hotel in dallas. thanks, jeremy and all you parents for trusting me with your children. i don't have the words to tell you how much i love them! they are amazing and i try to give every hug, wipe every tear and wash every scraped knee for all of you. i can't do your job, but i can help until it's your turn. thank you for letting me share in this time of their lives! i love you guys and i LOVE your kids!

Hope and Rob said...

We are praying for all of you. You are an amazing family SO SO SO full of love! Michelle and Jeremy... you are annointed parents. And YOU YOU you are so annointed too... seriously... God KNEW you could handle all those children AND not just handle them but love them and KNOW them! How amazing you are!!! Thank you God for amazing people!!!

Hope and Rob said...

We are praying for all of you. You are an amazing family SO SO SO full of love! Michelle and Jeremy... you are annointed parents. And YOU YOU you are so annointed too... seriously... God KNEW you could handle all those children AND not just handle them but love them and KNOW them! How amazing you are!!! Thank you God for amazing people!!!

Todd said...

Thanks Michelle for always sharing your heart. They will be home soon, and we can all look back at how amazing God moved in all their lives to get them home!!

Angela said...

Ok...I'm crying. These kind of posts need a tissue warning. Michelle, I am so amazed at your faith and endurance through this entire process that it has given me hope and an example to follow. You are an amazing woman and I know those kids are so blessed to have you as their mama. Can't wait till the day they are in your arms forever. Love ya girl!!