Saturday, June 16, 2007

This amazing man!

In the fall of 1985 I met this amazing man. Of course, at the time, he was not yet a man, but a 14 year old boy. I knew there was something special about him, but I had no idea what an affect he would have on my life. God had a plan though and in time it would be revealed that I was created for this man. See I believe, just as Eve was created to be a help meet for Adam, I was created for Jeremy.

From that night, in 1985, until June 19, 1993 the enemy tried to pull us apart and at times it looked as though he might succeed. I praise my God though that on that day the two of us became one flesh and all the plans of the enemy were foiled. I truly cannot imagine and wouldn't want to imagine what my life would be like without him. He brings such love, joy and strength to my life. He always knows what I need to hear and can always make me laugh. He treats me far better than I deserve and always tries to find ways to make me happy. In fact, he is the one who posted the comments from Noah, Mia and Hope, knowing it would make me feel better. I don't think he realizes it isn't the things he does that makes me happy, but it's him. I am so proud to be his wife.

He is the best Daddy! He loves his children so much and works so hard to make sure they have all they need and want. He gives them so much love, I love to just sit back and watch. One thing is for sure his kids LOVE him too! They can't wait for him to come home everyday. When one of them realizes he is home, the shouts begin "Daddy's home!!" and they run to find him. The poor guy rarely gets a chance to even change his clothes before they start telling him of all their plans for the evening. Each one wants some part of his night, especially Camden who has asked all day, "How much longer til Daddy's gonna be home."

Jeremy will probably never grasp how much he means to me. I love him more than he will ever know and I thank God for him daily. So, on this weekend of celebrating Father's Day and then our Anniversary on Tuesday, I wanted to take a moment to tell the world ( or at least those in blog land) how blessed I am to have this amazing man.

Jeremy, I pray you have a wonderful Father's Day. I can't wait for us to celebrate our 14th Anniversary on Tuesday. It's hard to believe it has been 14 years, they have truly been wonderful! Thank you for who you are and all you do! I love you!!

9 comments:

angela said...

oh wow. he is an amazing man! i will agree! happy father's day, papa zeromy.

Gail said...

What a great example to all on how we are meant to love the person God hand-picked for us! Thanks, Michelle!

Kathy Eden said...

Yeah...what Gail said! Once again I'm fighting the tears back...I have to quit reading everyone's blogs...they're tearing me up! :o)

Elisabeth said...

Thats is the sweetest thing i have seen or heard in a while!
Some day i hope to have a realationship like that... of course when i am older.
I have to say i have resently started praying for my husband, even though i don't know who he is. But i want him to stay save & happy.

Carsen said...

"Aww..." :)

No really, it's awesome. God amazes me everyday. Isn't it fantastic that he's all the things is he, plus the God of romance?

Todd said...

What a blessing you both are to us! and how blessed we are to have had these past 13 years with you all and how we look forward to many many more with you.. Early Happy Anniversary... and ok yeah I guess Jeremy is an ok guy..

Kristina said...

That was beautiful!!!

Angela said...

So I guess Friday night was good...LOL!!!

You guys are an amazing couple and Shawn and I love hanging out with you. Your love for each other is amazing. You can tell it was ordained by God. Love you guys!!

Happy Father's Day and Happy Anniversary. Don't get hurt. :)

Michelle said...

Angela, I'm happy to report, noone got hurt!! ;)