Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's been busy....

This is going to be one of those one line, one picture updates. So much has happened in the past two weeks that I am spinning!

First up, our last day of school!!! Hurray! We made it jammie day and it was so fun!! We are all excited about being out of school for the summer.

So, that was on Friday, May 16th. On Saturday, May 17th we decided we would drive to Jeremy's dad house near Houston, TX. We left on May 18th and arrived on May 19th.
That was a crazy 4 days!


Jeremy had work to do, so we played in the pool!



Finally, his work was finished and we took our traditional trip to the Ice Cream Parlor in Galveston!

We drove home on Friday, driving straight through and arriving home at 2:00am. We worked in the yard all day and then off to see Elias since he was in Evansville for the weekend. I took my camera but was too busy laughing to take any pictures.

Sunday was church and then our youth group came over for a bonfire. They are a great group of kids! Love you guys!


As you know we got news of Hope's passport so we knew when we got home there was lots of work to do. We made a list during our drive of everything we wanted to do before the kids come home. So our Memorial Day was spent running errands, buying paint, and praying it would quit raining so we could work in the yard again. No such luck on the rain, but all the supplies were purchased to finish up the projects that have been hanging over our heads.

Tuesday became a work day full of painting and pillow making. My wonderful Mom and Mother-in-law came over and made pillows while I painted. They were awesome!
Thank you so much!



Thanks to the pillows and curtains that were created the girls' room is finally nearing completion. I'll post pictures of it after I finish putting it all together today!!

So there you have it. I would love to lay around all day, but apparently our kids are coming home soon, so all those things I've been saying I need to do before they get home....I'm actually going to have to do them now. Pray for me, the list is still somewhat long. :)

14 comments:

angela said...

michelle, you know i am praying Praying PRAYING!! the Lord is faithful!! what blessed assurance!

angela said...

oops! i also meant to say the kids are getting so big! i love camden's face in the jammie picture!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a great time...nesting for THREE arrivals!
Praying for you and your long list of to do's.

Love the pillows.

Lara said...

Sounds like fun...crazy fun!!

Kathy Eden said...

So I thought you were just laying around watching TV & eating bon bons :o) What you described is exactly why I want to get all of that stuff done now :o) Praying!

Amanda said...

Are those youth kids playing corn hoe? Is that what you call it? That's what we call it and we LOVE to play it. LOL

Sounds like busy times! Those pillows are SUPER CUTE~

CG said...

Sounds so crazy and so blessed! Try to rest a little in there if you can. Once all your kids are home the crazy won't ever stop! I'm SO excited for you... Love, Cara

Hope and Rob said...

We are so happy for you guys! We're praying!

Angela said...

I LOVE that picture of all you guys at the ice cream parlor. Nice tan. Man, Jordy is almost as tall as you. That is just crazy. And the pillows look fabulous!!!!

Michelle said...

Yes, Devon called it "Corn Hoe". The board, however, says "Chuck-O". I am trying to determine which one sounds more "red-neck" before I decide what I will call it. I have to admit it was fun! ;)

Kristina said...

Yeeehaaaa!!!!!

Countdown is on!

If you need help with anyhting please don't hesitate to ask!

megan haug said...

can i just say i love your family?? cause i do. your kids so darn cute and funny. and you and jeremy are pretty cool too. i suppose.

we should hang sometime. you know, like before the next time Elias is in town...

Anonymous said...

Neat pillows!

Anonymous said...

I know I can't wait til the kids come to Evansville!!
So i can see pics!!!
You all will have to send me pictures!!
We r praying you and the kids get done everything they want to ddo beforre they get home and before they leave!!!