Sunday, May 04, 2008

Reaching the End

Ok, just to get rid of the "feel sorry for me because I cut myself post" : ) I thought I would let you know there isn't a whole lot of news yet. The attorney was hopeful we would be out of MOI last Friday but it didn't happen just yet. We are hopeful (and she is too) that we will be out sometime this week. Our parent liaison is in Haiti this week so hopefully we will have some good news soon!

For those of you that aren't in an adoption or don't know how these things work, this is what is left.....

  • Exit MOI
  • Off to immigration for printing of Passports
  • Take Passports to DHS for final approval of I-600 (Orphan Investigations have already been completed and all three were declared orphans by US standards)
  • Medical Exam
  • Visa Appointment
  • Fly Home with our children!!

We are finally reaching the end here people. It is getting so close and we are beyond excited about the idea of bringing our kids home! Please continue to pray with us that these final steps will go smoothly and we will finally have our family complete!

I wanted to share a scripture that the Lord gave me when I was in Haiti. I think we all go through moments of, "Lord, please bring my children home!" I kept "hearing" Isaiah 43, so I turned there and here is what I read......

5 Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your descendants from the east,
And gather you from the west;
6 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
And to the south, ‘Do not keep them back!’
Bring My sons from afar,
And My daughters from the ends of the earth—

I thank God for His faithfulness to His Word!

10 comments:

angela said...

can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Praying that it all goes quickly, smoothly, and you have your entire family together very soon!

Karen Combes said...

What a great scripture. I love how God brings one to mind then when we read it, it's like an "ah haa" moment. Rejoicing with you that you are so close to the end.

Amanda said...

Yep, it's our first family vacation and our first trip to the Gulf...Destin, FL. :~) It was taken back in September which is totally the best time to go! We had it allll to ourselves. We don't plan to go again until our baby's with us, but wow-weee did we have a great time!

salvant7 said...

Amen, sister. Praying for you!!

Salzwedel Family said...

You are so close! I'm praying the rest goes quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your family all together.

livingpurereligion said...

Michelle, God gave me that same verse when we first started this process. It's a great one!!!

We are praying, praying, praying!

Beth said...

Praying that the remaining steps go smoothly! I'm excited for you! Hope the finger is healing well. ;o)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful scripture to have hidden in your heart. I'm for sure going to print it out, memorize it and start quoting it!

It will for sure help me in my adoption process, too.

Good luck with the final stages, and thank you for sharing.

Kristina said...

That scripture ROCKS!!!!!!