Friday, March 13, 2009

A look back....

Things are going great here! We are all thrilled to have Noah home and continue to find ourselves looking at him and thinking, "really?!" I wanted to take a moment though to share two video clips that I think you will enjoy.

As many of you know, it had been a year and five months since I had seen Noah and held him in my arms. Since January 9th, I had been aching to go to Haiti and be reunited with our son. I was finally scheduled to lead a trip down on March 8th and was ecstatic to finally know that I would see him. Long story short, we were blessed to have our visa appt three days prior to this date and then knew I would not only be seeing him, but bringing him home.

The team decided to go to the guest house first and drop off their bags and then we would travel to the O. This seemed like the smart choice though my heart wanted to scream, "No, I need to go see my son. Forget your bags!" Sorry guys! ; ) Well, thanks to Megan, Colleen, Jimmy and Junior, I didn't have to wait. Thanks guys! For a girl who loves surprises, this couldn't have been a better gift!!

The following takes place between 11:30 and 12:30pm.






18 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

Oh my goodness Michelle! That was awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Kathy Eden said...

Okay...once again I'm choked up & speechless! Tears streaming down my face! Thank you so much for sharing this! It's what we had been praying for...for a long time! Thank Lord for hearing our prayers & cries!

Amanda said...

OH how beautiful! I definitely cried. What a precious moment!

Anonymous said...

I am crying. Wonderful. Did he know right away that you came to take him home?

Brandy and Troy said...

Wow, that was beautiful!!

Karen Combes said...

Aww...I am truly choked up! Thank you, Lord, for answered prayers! What a great surprise!

CG said...

I love this! I love this! THIS is why we go through the hell of Haitian adoption. It is worth it. They are worth it. The joy is worth the pain! Eventually. Did I mention I love this? I am reeling with delight and my face is covered in happy tears.

Anonymous said...

That was an absolutely beautiful moment caught.... I watched it about four or five times. Thank you LORD!!

Lynn

angela said...

"OKAY, OKAY!!!"

i'm crying again. darn you.

you could have made it a little more 24-ish if you had them playing at the same time . . .

Elisabeth said...

Wow!! Your life is proof that miracles happen to those of endless faith and trust in God! I love you, Michelle, its so great to see you happy and with your son.

cathy.troy said...

That was one of the most beautiful sights to be seen!!! PAISE GOD!!!

Elias said...

wow, michelle. look at that kid just hold on to you. you know he had been aching to be reunited with you too.

thanks for sharing!

such an amazing moment!

Kristina said...

Well at least you didn't make the statement of, you would never put him down again!
LOL

I have been waiting for this video! Thank you for sharing and the tears!!!!

Leslie said...

How can you watch this and NOT cry?
I can't wait to see more pics!
Thanks for sharing this moment.
Love, Leslie

Emily Strawn Photography said...

WOW!!! Crying...what a beautiful sight! Praise the Lord for He hears our crys! :)

Unknown said...

Well, who ISN'T crying? Seriously!!! That was so great! What a priceless video to have forever and ever!

Lena Just Lena said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

It was just as powerful on video as it was in real life.

I'm so grateful I got to be there....

Carsen said...

Yes! Yes! My heart is happy.