Tuesday, September 12, 2006

He knows his name......

The other night we were eating dinner and the phone rang. I didn't pick up because I didn't recognize the number, so I sat back down and let the machine get it. Well all of sudden I hear Noah saying "Mama, Papa". If you could have seen Jeremy and I's faces. I was looking at him like, "Oh my gosh, it's Noah!" and he was looking at me like, "Get up and answer the phone!"

Angela (aka You-You), is this young woman who traveled with us in March to Haiti. She is from California and had decided to volunteer six months at the "O". Instantly I had a huge amount of respect for her, simply because she was willing to give up all she had in the states to go to a third world country and bless the children at the "O". Well upon meeting her and spending time with her, I grew to not only respect her, but love her. She truly is an amazing woman! Although I have only known her for this short time, I feel like I have known her for years. She, without a doubt has a special place in both Jeremy and I's heart!! I hope she realizes that! Anyway back to my story.......

Angela had called, she didn't have a lot of time, but she began to tell me this story. Lourdesmia, a 5 year old little girl at the "O", was teasing Noah and calling him Wilbeark (as most of you know by now his name in Haiti is Wilbert, pronounced, Wilbear). As she continued teasing him, apparently he decided enough was enough and he began to yell back at her, NOAH, NOAH, NOAH. I was thrilled to know that he knows his name!! And I believe he is proud of that name, at least it sounds like it. The conversation quickly ended with Noah saying "Papa" to Jeremy and I told him, "Mwen renmen ou" (I love you).

I would love to go visit again, but it hasn't worked out to go this month. Every e-mail and this time phone call, helps me get through the time away. God is awesome, in that He has provided this means of communication for us!! I am so thankful He has called us to do this and has been with us every step of the way. I can't wait for Noah to come home and when he does I am going to share the complete testimony so you can fully understand how God has worked in this adoption!!

I love you all!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Michelle,
My name is Laura. We are adopting 2 kids from Haiti and I found your blog by searching Haitian Adoption on blogger.com. Just anxious to connect with anyone who knows. Our blog site is mcbridefamilyblog.blogspot.com. Would love to keep in touch with your family as we journey through this amazing time in our lives. I love how God has used you to call others to adopt more children.

Angela said...

Another ripple. How awesome it is that God has brought another mom along. Welcome Laura!! Your kids are beautiful. I loved your blog.

Kristina said...

What a sweet gift from heaven!

Sarah and Tim said...

Michelle,
I don't know if you will ever read this, since it's really old, and I am just now posting a comment, but I am so happy that you got to hear your son's voice during the hard time. I would give my right arm to hear Isaiah's voice. I am still praying for your boy!