Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Ripple...

I wanted to share with everyone the ripple effect that has occurred since the beginning of our adoption. When we began our adoption process we didn't know anyone who had adopted from Haiti. I first learned you could by watching a television show about adoption. Watching that show was one of the first leadings for us. We had been researching and praying about where our son was and during this TV program something sparked in me and we began to go in that direction, obviously now Noah is indeed in Haiti.

The ripple.....currently there are 5 Haitian children coming to our area to people we know. We take 0 credit for this, it is all God, but it has been awesome to see how He has used our adoption to unite other families with their children.

First was the Burnett family, Todd & Kristina and their girls, adopting Jonas.

Second was the Collins family, Shawn & Angela, adopting Steven & Angela, cool huh S A S A.


Third was the Burnett family, Troy & Cathy and their 2 daughters & 1 son, adopting Manthania.


This makes 5 including Noah.

Now the really cool thing is, it's not over yet. We have one family from Troy & Cathy's church who are now filling out an application. Another family, friends of Todd & Kristina's, are praying and working to pay off some debt because they too feel they are to adopt from Haiti. One family from the mission trip in June believe they will adopt an older boy one day and are praying about that. Finally, at least for now, a family spoke to us last week about sitting down to discuss adoption, what all is involved and the cost because they are strongly considering it as well. God is AWESOME!!!!!!

This is so exciting to me, one because it's going to be awesome to have this little Haitian community here in Southern Indiana, but mostly because I love the children of Haiti. My first trip to the "O" changed my life. I fell in love with this little country and it's people, especially the children. I am so thankful God has allowed me to be a part of their lives, they bless me in a way I never imagined they would. I came home in March wanting to find homes for all of them. I know I can't do that, but I know a God that can and He is.

If you would like to know more feel free to call or e-mail me anytime or you can visit the Three Angels website using the link on the right. On the page for the "O" you can view the children that are available. Please join me in praying for these precious children, because every child deserves to have a family!!!

8 comments:

Angela said...

That is so neat. Only God could have designed such a cool plan. He is awesome!! The cooler thing is...He's not done yet. I can't wait to see what he is up to. It's an exciting journey!!

jen said...

It is a wonderful reminder that "God loves ALL the little children"

Michelle said...

Yes he does and we should too.

Kristina said...

Oh Michelle, I feel it is such an honor to be chosen as part of this ripple effect! I am sooooo glad my ears were open to hear. I can't wait to see where the ripple goes next!

Todd said...

I love the way GOD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!...oh and btw...my blog is updated now..hehe

Todd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristina said...

Uh, I think it's time for a new entry? Tag your it!
LOL

Anonymous said...

this ripple is amazing! only God can do something this cool, you know? what a mighty God we serve!