Tuesday, November 21, 2006

M'ap ale Haiti!!!

I am sooooo excited to report, to those of you who don't know yet, that I am going to Haiti again!!! YEAH!!!! I can't wait to go!! I will be traveling with my friend and fellow adopting parent, Angela and her mother-in-law. We leave December 10th and will return on the 19th. I can't wait to go!! Oh wait I said that already. Well did I say, I can't wait to go!! Oh yes I did. Ok well anyway, I'm so ready to see our boy again! I can tell from the pictures that he is getting so big and changing so much. I'm ready to hold him and love on him for 8 whole days!!!! Yes I do know how to add and subtract, it takes 2 days to get there. We leave the 10th but won't arrive until the 11th around 12:00.

I'm just as anxious to see my wonderful friend, Angela (aka YouYou). I'm so thankful God put her in our lives and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her, not via e-mail (though I'm thankful we do have that).

This trip will be unlike the others in a way, because this time I get to stay at the O. I'm really looking forward to being there with the kids in the evenings. Before, we were always back at St. Joe's by 5:00 to freshen up for dinner, so I always missed the evening routines and bedtime. I also am looking forward to having the extra time with all the kids. I love these kids and cherish the times of just sitting on the floor playing, singing songs, holding them......ah I can't wait!!

Also, I have taken on a new responsibility with Three Angels Children's Relief. They have asked me to be a Committee Board Member acting as the Missions Coordinator. I'm so excited to take this on. I love working with Gail and Gretchen and look forward to meeting and getting to know Joe and Shannon. We have exciting plans of more mission trips and are determined to continue improving the living conditions as well as plan fun activities for the kids. God is awesome in how he has used this adoption to not only bless our family with another child, but has connected us with Haiti and the amazing people there. I'm looking forward to fulfilling this role with His help. On this trip, I will begin to take notes and create lists of things that need done over the next year.

Thank you so much for all of your continued support and prayers! We love you all!

5 comments:

Angela said...

I can't wait!!!

Kristina said...

Oh Michelle, God is moving! I am so glad you are now more a part of Three Angels. You love those kids, all of them, sooooo much. And it shows in how you speak of them!
I'm am trying desperatly not to be envious of your trip. Know I will be praying and with you in spirit!!!! Give Jonas a kiss and hug for me, as well as a hug for you you!

Michelle said...

No problem, I can do that!! There will be lots of hugs and kisses going on, that's for sure.......with the kids I mean. LOL!!!

angela said...

i'm so excited!!!!!
what a great Christmas present!!!!!

Michelle said...

I love you too, hon!! Thank you so much for giving me this amazing present! You are WAY too good to me!!! I'll miss you!!