Friday, July 04, 2008

Nothing to report...

It seems silly to post because I really have nothing to report. The Embassy was obviously closed today, so no progress possible. I am going to go there on Monday and see what I can find out since I am not getting any response via e-mails. I hope to leave with an appointment scheduled!
The kids are still excited that it is almost time to go home! Mia seems to have moments of doubt and is somewhat guarded. Sort of the whole, I'm not going to get too close because you might have to leave again without me. I keep telling her I'm not leaving without her, but I'm sure it's hard to believe since I have been here a while and nothing seems to be moving. She is old enough to understand that. I continue to reassure her that it will be soon!

I have been able to talk to Jeremy everyday, which I love. I talked to the kids a couple of times on Skype. Then today I was blessed with a phone call from my AMAZING Momma! I also spoke to my sister and brother! I miss them all so much!!! Today, being the 4th of July, I would normally be with them. Every year we have a big family picnic and have so much fun! Jeremy took the kids and my sister reported that they had lots of fun! I cried as I talked to each one of them, but it was at the same time wonderful to hear their voices! I hope to see them very soon! They promised we would have another celebration just as if it were Independence Day, complete with fireworks after we all come home! I can't wait!!

I guess that's enough rambling for now. I pray you all had a wonderful day and I'll leave you with a big HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY from Haiti!

4 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Happy 4th of July to you too my friend!!! I'm so glad that you were able to talk to your family today. Praying that mountains will be moved & you & Angela will get your visa appts. scheduled Monday! Love you!

Sarah and Tim said...

Michelle,
even though, you think it's silly to report about nothing, us back home really appreciates it, it gives us a little light into what you all are facing, and gives us new things to pray for. Thanks for sharing this experience with us!

CG said...

I agree with Sarah. Please keep us posted even to tell us nothing has really changed. It does help us know better how to pray.

Oh dear Lord, I know your timing is perfect. I ask that you would have mercy on this darling family and bring them together very soon.

Kristina said...

AMEN!

I too am glad you got to talk to your family. God knew you needed that and It is so sweet when he supplies it!

PLEASE post anything, nothing or everything. we here waiting love to see anything and it does help us to know how to pray!

We are praying!