Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Some know, some don't......


I feel it is time to share something with all of you. Some of you already know, but some do not. In October of last year, Noah's parents picked him up from the Orphanage. They wanted to try to care for him again. Since that day we have prayed and believed our son would be back and hoped and trusted it would be before we left with the girls. The Lord has different timing than we do. We don't know or understand why things have happened the way they have, but we do know a few things.

First, we know that the Lord led us to Noah. He was the first of all the children that are coming to our area. We believe and KNOW that He who called us is faithful and He will do it. We know He will complete what He began! We trust in our Lord, our strong deliverer!

Second, we know the Lord has been working during my time here. After months and months of searching for Noah's birth mom, we saw her one night on the way to dinner. It was a divine appointment. We were running late, needed gas, went a different route and in a city of sooooo many people we saw the one person we needed to see. It was not a coincidence! There she stood on a mound of rocks. We knew the Lord was working. We have had the opportunity since then to speak with her and she has decided that she does indeed want Noah to be adopted, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out yet for him to be brought back. He is currently with a relative in the country-side. His father also wants him to go with us, but again it just hasn't worked out as of today. We know, however, that our God is working and the mountains we saw before us are crumbling!

Third, today at the appointment I was a little nervous about the fact that Noah was not with us. I shared the situation with the Consular and they are keeping his file open! Praise the Lord!!!

So, although it is painful to come home and have to leave our son behind, we KNOW that he is our son and he will come home to us. Please join us in believing that our mighty and awesome God will bring Noah home!

Having explained that, I am pleased to inform you that I am to pick up visas for our two beautiful girls this afternoon and we are planning to fly out in the morning!! Our Lord is faithful!! He is so worthy to be praised!! Please rejoice with us as we take this step next step in becoming the Cundiffs, party of eight!

21 comments:

Amanda said...

I have CHILLS and TEARS in my eyes.

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

I'm soooo very happy that you're coming home with your girls!!! Like, I want to drive to E'ville and meet you, kinda happy :~)

We'll continue to pray that precious Noah will not be far behind. God is SO faithful to us!

Congratulations! Have a fabulous flight home!!!!

Lara said...

Congratulations Mama Michelle! We will continue to pray for the Cundiff family!!

Brandy and Troy said...

crying here!!!!!!

angela said...

i am crying too, of course! and i KNOW the LORD is faithful!!

that, by the way, is a beautiful picture of hope!!

Salzwedel Family said...

I am moved to tears & happy beyond measure! I did not know about Noah, but now that I do I can pray for him specifically. God is so good & I can't wait to hear you are all together at home. He is worthy to be praised!

Sarah and Tim said...

How wonderful to see those sweet faces here in town. We continue to pray for Noah as we too believe that he is to live here in Indiana with YOU!!! God will finish what he has started!

CG said...

Ahhh... Finally! I am thrilled that you are coming home tomorrow and will be in prayer for your travels. As for Noah, you are absolutely correct that the Lord will finish what he has started. We will continue to pray for him & his birth family. I love the story about the "chance" meeting with his mother. You should have seen Greg's eyebrows go up when I told him about it! How marvelous that they kept Noah's file open! I can't wait til you're ALL together, but God has given us so much to praise Him for in this story that it's hard to feel anything buy pure joy right now! He is SO good, and we trust in His timing.

Me said...

hello, michelle.
i am a friend of angela's. she and her family alerted our family to pray for yours ever since noah was first taken by his mother. she has kept me in the loop and we continue to pray daily for your family, especially noah.
i have become deeply and emotionally involved in your story, awaiting updates from angela with such anticipation. we pray for good news every day, giving praise for your endurance and commitment.
we love your family and rejoice in your victory!

Kristina said...

First know that there are so many people praying for Noah it would make your head spin! Remember my vision and I stand in agreement with you in thought and prayer where this is concerned!

As far as you and the girls coming home?????

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(input an ear splitting scream)
We have the camera and will be there to document this occasion for you and your family!!!! See you tomorrow!

Hope and Rob said...

We are SO SO happy for you!!! THIS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING!!!! We will pray for Noah as we know what this situation feels like... we're so glad to share that confidence with you... NOAH IS coming home. We will be praying!!!

Lisa said...

I too have tears in my eyes....I am so excited about you being able to bring the girls home...I will continue to pray for your son, Noah, to join you soon:)
God bless!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Eden said...

My friend...you are such an amazing & mighty servant of the Lord. I love you & can't wait to see you tomorrow night! As for Noah, you know that I have NO doubt that he will come home to you & Jeremy. In the mean time I will continue to pray for him & his birthfamily & for God's perfect timing.
I have to warn you...I may be so excited tomorrow night that I may be compelled to do the HBWD in front of everyone! :o) Hope I don't get thrown out of the airport!

Karen Combes said...

Rejoicing with you that you are bringing your daughters home tomorrow and believing that Noah will join your family very soon!
Blessings,
Karen

Shannon H. said...

I too have seen God working. There is no coincidence. I was humbled to personally see how you and Jeremy are honoring God in this entire process. Already God has used this to bring Himself the glory.

And He ain't done yet!

Now get the heck outta Haiti would you?

Abbie said...

So excited for you and the girls to be going home! And as before, we will continue to pray for Noah.

Tammy said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so excited for your family. Sending prayers for Noah!

Heather said...

WOW, Such sadness and such joy all at once. I am so very glad these precious girls are coming home and I will continue to lift the Noah part up to the Lord. Your faith is beautiful!

BSC said...

So happy for you. I'll be praying that you truly enjoy your homecoming and that God continues to give you peace about Noah.

Beth

Amanda said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!

Chad Becker said...

Wonderful to see your children come home! Praying that Noah comes home soon too.

Shanley said...

oh friend, my heart goes out to you with the Noah situation, since i just cried about spend for a while with my mom. i am remembering to pray for you tonight - and my heart is heavy for you - but you grieve with HOPE!