Thursday, April 16, 2009

Quick update...

Things are good! I'm sorry I don't have time to update this very often. I would promise to do better, but if I do better that might mean someone is wearing dirty underwear and NOBODY wants that! In a nutshell things are good. We are winding down on school and we are all excited about summer! We found a vehicle we can all fit in so no more riding on the floor for me. I'm pretty pumped about that! I've decided to be frugal on a few things. I have plans for a bigger garden and doing lots of canning this year. I'm also making my own dishwasher detergent and will attempt making laundry detergent tonight. I think I'm becoming one of those women that I used to think.....why? Now I know. 1000 loads of laundry saving, at the very least, $.15 a load equals a savings of $150. That's almost four new pairs of tennis shoes, and way more if I can catch them on a sale. You might think 1000 loads sounds like a lot, but I think I did that many last week. Ok, maybe not, but it did feel like it. At any rate, it's kind of fun so we'll try it and see how it goes! I promise to post some new pictures soon, but this will have to do for now. Blessings to all of you who still come to see what this Cundiff party of eight is like.

3 comments:

CG said...

So glad things are going well. Please share those recipes if you get a chance! I could especially use a cheaper laundry soap option.

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that you got a new ride that will accomodate everyone!
I think I have turned into the "Queen of Thrift". Once you get hooked...it's hard to turn back because it turns into a game...how cheap can I get something? :o)

Anonymous said...

now i like to get things cheap...like i hate spending money on clothes. i'm satisfied w/ eating peanut butter everyday, so i don't spend a lot on food. but once it gets to where it would take work, like making soap, well, count me out. i would just go w/ the dirty underwear. KIDDING, KIDDING. :)