Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two amazing girls!


Many of you may know already that Jordyn and Alexis are planning to go to Haiti in June. Jordyn went a couple of years ago and has wanted to go back ever since. Alexis on the other hand wasn't sure she was ready to go until about a year ago and she began to have a burning desire to visit the place her siblings once called home. These girls are so amazing! They have left me speechless on many occasions with their compassion for those less fortunate than we.

I told them they could go only if they raised the money to pay for it themselves. They started fund raising and saving right away. I'm so excited to report that they are getting so close. Each one only has about $300 left to raise! They worked at our church auction, sold Papa Murphy peelers, sent support letters, and saved change to put as much as they could in their "Haiti box." They still have a few things left to do, but I had to take a moment to say how very proud I am of them. I cannot wait to share this experience with my amazing girls!

If you would like to help in their efforts please e-mail me at mecundiff@yahoo.com for details on how you can be a part of their journey!

4 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

That is awesome!!! Way to go girls!!! And yes, they are amazing :o)

angela said...

great job, girls! you really are special girls! i have a "haiti" jar on my dresser too! i hope someday to join you there!

CG said...

How precious! You have such a wonderful family, Michelle!

Elisabeth said...

that's amazing! i can't wait to see them in june! i have about $100 left to raise... their compassion is a great example that many, from the young to the old can look up to!