Saturday, January 27, 2007

This time next week.....


This time next week our girls will know all about our plan to adopt them. We are working on a video of the family to send with the group that is going next week. Lourdesmia and Noah have seen pictures of the kids, but we thought a video would be good for them to see. They are planning to use their limited Creole to talk to them and I am planning to tell them we want to be their family and ask if they want that too. It's all going to be video taped so Jeremy, the kids and I can all see how they react to the news. I've been praying that the Lord will prepare the hearts of all three of them. Noah is used to having me to himself, however the last time, we had Lourdesmia come in my room and play too. I can see how God was working already.

I have been so amazed by this whole adoption journey. God has worked in such incredible ways. The way He led us to Noah, the ripple effect that has occurred here in the Evansville area, the relationships that have formed and been strengthened, the provision we have all experienced, and now this with Lourdesmia and Suterlande. We are in awe!! The details have been coming together in a way that only God could do. You know the scripture that says, "with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." There have been situations in the course of all of this that fit this scripture to the tee, but God has a plan and He called us to this. 1 Thessalonians 5:24 says "He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." Also in Psalm 37:5 it says, "Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass." So that's where we are, we are committed, trusting and believing He will bring it to pass.

We are so excited to see what God has in store for our family. We are still a little overwhelmed that God saw fit to bless us with 6 amazing kids. We pray we are able to raise them to become the Godly men and women He created them to be. I know with His help, we can. Thank you all for being so supportive. We have truly enjoyed hearing from each one of you and appreciate the many words of encouragement.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, the DEPTH of the RICHES and WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and how inscrutable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been His counselor? Or who has given a gift to Him that He might be repaid? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To HIM be glory forever and ever. Amen!
(Rom. 11:33-36)

Anonymous said...

wow! hard act to follow, as always, hermano! but, jeremy and michelle the Lord knows the plans He has for you and His ways are higher than yours (ours). oh the greater evansville area will be blessed for their faithfulness!

i can't wait to visit. these kids are becoming closer and closer friends. (but i think mia and angela will miss samendia . . . any thoughts? wink wink).

Kristina said...

Well, someone is coming soon to check semendia and Jefferson out! PRAY!!!!! (no not me! LOL)

Michelle,
I can't wait to see the video of when they ask/tell the girls! Yahoo!!!!!!! Evansville is growing and we are praying for more!

Thank you to you and Jeremy for being a great example of faithfulness for Todd and I! You guys rock!

Angela said...

Amen sister!! With men it is impossible but with God - ALL things are possible. I'm so excited for your growing family and I'm praying for Samendia and Jefferson too. Keep the ripples coming!!

Anonymous said...

i know! that's why i said that! i hope they are the forever family we've been praying for!

Laura said...

I'm just so excited for all of you! I can't wait to hear about their reactions! What a very fun time this is!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I just want you to know I am so Happy the girls are going to you. I have to tell you I have been praying for these two for the longest. I have to admit when Angela emailed me and told me you and Jeremy were adopting the girls I literally cried... God works in such amazing ways!