Monday, May 14, 2007

Tagged by Laura McBride

Ok, well....This is suppose to be a list of 7 little known facts about myself. I'm not sure how well people know me so we'll see if I can surprise anyone with my facts.

1. I married my childhood/high school sweetheart a month after graduating High School. We met when I was 11 years old and surprisingly new shortly after we would spend the rest of our lives together. There were a few times it looked like that wouldn't happen, but God brought us back together and I am blessed to be married to such an amazing man. I love you, hon!!

2. I LOVE surprises! Whether it's a gift, a fact, a plan I don't care, surprise me. God knew this about me and surprised me with 5 of the 6 children we have. Jordyn was our only "planned" child, but everyone of them was deeply wanted!!

3. My favorite color is yellow!! Unlike Laura McBride, I don't know if I own anything yellow. I don't have any clothes that are yellow, no rooms, my wedding didn't have yellow, but really I do love it! It's so bright and cheery. The only thing I can think of in my house that is yellow is Noah's desk in our classroom. It's the only desk that I got to pick the color, therefore it is yellow.

4. I always intended on becoming a nurse. All through high school I took classes to prepare me for Nursing school, but as you already read got married instead. I knew at that point I would be a stay at home Mom when we had children so I decided to not waist my time or money on college and went to work at a bank instead. I worked there until Jordyn was born and have loved staying at home since.

5. I am a proud PK. Growing up my dad pastored Glezen Revival Center Pentecostal Church in Glezen, Indiana. Yep, that's right "holy rollers". Our church was often accused of locking the doors, dancing, rolling on the floor and swinging from the chandeliers. We loved to laugh and say, "That's not true. We have NEVER locked the doors." :) He now is a Pastor of an Assembly of God Church in Petersburg, Indiana.

6. I want a Yorkie(female to be specific)! I have been trying to talk Jeremy into it for over a year now, but for once he is not caving easily. (Honey, don't forget #2, I LOVE surprises.) I think they are adorable! They don't shed! They are easy to take places! They love to be played with so it would be great for the kids! And my mom has a friend that sells them, so I would know where to get one and she doesn't charge $1,000+.

7. I LOVE BEING A MOM!!! My kids are amazing! I love having Jordyn, Ali & Camden home with me and can't wait to have Mia, Noah & Hope here as well. Yes, I'm sure there are days where they need a break from me and I from them, but all in all we love being together. We love to play games inside and out, watch movies, swim, plant flowers, go for walks, do you get the hint. I don't even mind taking them to the store. Yes, I will come home with tons more than planned, but that happens if Jeremy goes too. :) I can't imagine if they were all "in school". My life would be so different and a different that I am not interested in having.

So that's it.....

Apparently I'm suppose to tag 7 other people so I'm going to tag......

Jeremy Cundiff
Angela Fairfield
Gail Gray
Gretchen Huijskens
Shannon Hoffman
Kathy Koenig
Laura Burton

Please post a comment on this post when you have posted your 7 little known facts!

15 comments:

Jason said...

This post was an elaborate attempt at getting Jeremy to post something to his blog...

Michelle said...

Yes, Jason! Thanks for noticing! Do you think it will work?

Probably not!!

Laura said...

You and I would get along so well- if only we lived much closer to each other! Love all the info- thanks for playing along!

Elisabeth said...

I love it! But i have to warn you.. yorkies bark...a lot! or aleast every yorkie i have met. My yorkie barks if you wear shoes, sunglasses, or carry a wallet, purse or phone through the house because he will think that you are going in the car & he REALLY likes going in the car; he doesn't accomplish that task most of the time!:)

Kristina said...

I want a yorkie too!!!! I would love to have a female, but maybe I could get a male we could breed them and make some money for both families. hmmm...

Ok, my brothers each have a yorkie and my mom trained them both. They are not yippee,and they do not pee everywhere. They are good dogs.

I liked reading your 7 facts!

Shannon H. said...

I will buy you ALL yorkies if you would please promise never to do this to me again!

I'm supposed to be packing darnit! :)

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Of all the choices that I have made in my life, the only one I really should have done without is the YORKIE! DON"T DO IT!!!!:) God makes them so cute for a reason. It is all a trick! :)

Gail said...

thanks, michelle!! i'm also packing and grocery shopping etc. i may have to disappoint you by not doing it! besides, i'm such an open book there is much to tell!!

Michelle said...

Hey, ladies, I didn't say you had to do it today or even this week. I don't care when you do it, just do it!!

:)

Laura said...

I was a bit surprised to see my name there. There's only a handful of people who dare make such a request of me...and even fewer for which I will actually do it. I'll see what I can come up with. I'm expecting to think of my first one any day now.

Angela said...

Great post! I knew you loved surprises!!! Jeremy needs to get with the program...LOL!!! I don't know much about yorkies but it looks like you should consider the advice given. :)

I'm still working on my list for Laura M. You did a lot better. I'm still thinking of one. Hopefully it will come to me. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Eden said...

Okay Michelle I posted my list on my blog. I like "nice" surprises :o)

Anonymous said...

Mom I thought you said little facts!!!!!

Michelle said...

No, baby, I said "little known facts", meaning not very many people know them. :)

Gretchen, you are not helping my cause. I do know some Yorkies and have experience whether they can be annoying or not. My opinion is that any animal can be annoying if not trained otherwise. I am dedicated to train it to not be an annoying, yippee little dog.

angela said...

okay, i finally did it. and gretchen's dog does yip. and you have 6 kids and i don't know how you would train a yippy dog not to yip. however, i really honestly believe that if anyone could do it, it would be you!!