Thursday, September 04, 2008

In Honor of My Mama!


On September 21, 2008, I will be running a race in honor of my amazing Mama! It's only a 5K which doesn't even come close to being hard in comparison to what she endured. Thankfully, her diagnoses was great and after treatment she was cancer free!! We thank God for giving the doctors the wisdom and knowledge to treat this horrible disease. We rejoice in the fact that she went to a doctor that used a special type of mammogram that would see the spot. We were told an ordinary mammogram wouldn't have shown it and it would have had more time to grow before being detected. We praise God for this!! The Lord has been so good to us!

I've decided to run this race and try to raise awareness and money, so there can be more daughters with stories like mine. Daughters who will be able to say, "My mom is a breast cancer survivor!" I love you, Mom, and on Sunday, September 21 @ 9:00am I'll be running for you!

4 comments:

livingpurereligion said...

What a wonderful way to honor your mother!

Kathy Eden said...

Your mama has a very wonderful daughter!!!

angela said...

love you, mee-maw!

Shannon H. said...

Donated today.
"Run girl, RUN!"

Can't wait to hear how it goes!