Tuesday, September 02, 2008

1 down, 179 more to go......

Not that I'm counting down or anything. ; ) Today was our first day of school. The bell rang at 8:00 and in they came so excited to begin their first day. They had all been sitting outside the classroom for half an hour waiting for me to be ready. I don't imagine that will happen everyday, but it was great to see them so excited to get started. Here's a few pictures we thought we would share from our first day!


This was actually taken last night. Hope was pretty happy to finally have her own desk! Not sure if you could tell that or not. ; )


Camden, bright and early this morning, sorting through his supplies. As you can tell, it's a very serious job!

Check it out, I happened to catch a moment when they were all working on something!!

Jordyn hard at work! It's hard to believe my baby is in middle school! Where does the time go?

Here's Alexis sporting her comfy capris, pink tank and brown jacket.
Dressed for success? For sure!! Fourth grade looks great on you, Ali!

Mia was pretty excited the entire day. As you can see from the blur of the pencil, she was definitely all about doing the work! When we were finished she asked if she could stay at her desk and color for a little bit. How long do you think it will take for her to not want to stay in school longer than she has to?

All in all, it was great day!!

12 comments:

Abbie said...

Sounds like an all-around successful first day of school!!

Beth said...

What fun! I love your classroom!

Amanda said...

Yay for you!!!!

I'm getting the willies about homeschooling when Joshua gets here...trying not to get overwhelmed at the thought...hopefully, he won't be ready for a desk yet :~)

angela said...

oh my room!! how i miss it! but it looks like the wall color hasn't changed. what's with that?

hope is a crack up with that desk and i like ali's outfit!

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Those desks have been waiting for a long time for those girls. Thanks for sharing Michelle! Tell Mia that she can still call anytime. :)

Kathy Eden said...

That is awesome that they were so excited...praying it continues! :o)
The classroom looks great!

CG said...

Yay, yay, yay! I love home schooling. I love your family. I love these great pictures. That one of Hope hugging the desk is too cute! Praying for a blessed school year. (and for one more pupil to join you very, very soon) You're a great mama! I wish I could come shadow you one day.

megan haug said...

looks like a great first day of school!!

Hope and Rob said...

Michelle... YOU BLOW ME AWAY!!!! You're such a great mom!! God job kids!!! Keep up the enthusiasm!!!

Kristina said...

Too cute. And I think the novelty won't wear off for some time for the girls!
her own desk, I bet she was so excited!

And I LOVE the lighting on the picture of Camden!

Anonymous said...

I love how excited children can get! Unfortunately home schooling is not an option in Germany.

Anonymous said...

Any word on Noah?