Friday, September 19, 2008

Missing a few things......

I love having my girls home, but I must admit I am missing a few things. One, actually, but in that one...so many others.

Like times like this....
And most definitely times like this....
This face....
And these little toes....
I miss doing simple things like this...
And seeing silly things like this....
Oh, and how I miss that smile....
Noah,

I miss you from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. You are missed by every member of our family. We long for you and pray for you; we remember all the funny things you did. We think of your laugh, your smile, your voice, the funny sound you made when you would chew your food, and even your fits. We search for the strength in the Lord to go through each day without you and Noah, our God is faithful. He brings us joy in the midst of our pain.

If there was a way to tell you in this moment how much we love you, I would. I would tell you about all the amazing moments the Lord gave us together, and how in each of those moments He would confirm time and time again that you were our son. Noah, I think it's important for you to know that we have never and will never give up hope that you are going to come home to us. We are just as sure today as we were in September of 2005 that you are indeed our son.

We praise God for you, and we continue to trust in our faithful God to bring you home to us.

I love you, son, with all that is within me,
Mommy

14 comments:

CG said...

Oh Michelle, I really had you on my mind a lot yesterday, and I prayed for Noah and your family quite a bit. Now I clearly see that it was the Lord prompting to do so, for I had no idea you'd hit the three year mark.

Not only has your family not given up on you, Noah, but neither have the rest of us!

I am so sorry for this long separation from your son. I can't even imagine 3 years away from your child. How heartbreaking. Praying the Lord will move SOON in a BIG way to bring him home!

Love,
Cara

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Still praying with you Michelle! Oh what a joyous day it will be when that boy comes back to you.
Love, gretchen

Elias said...

a beautiful post, m-m-mama meeshell :)

i hope you are encouraged by those who are praying along with you. i too continue to pray!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

What a beautiful post for your sweet little boy! We are also praying, Michelle!

Carsen said...

and your stutter and the way you say "sss-sou-sou-ple" and "papa zeromy" and that face you make right before you have a meltdown.

m'ap priye pou ou ti zanmi'm e tout fanmi'w. nou konne bondye ave'w.

angela said...

noah, ou gen yon fanmi byin! tout moun nan fanmi ou renmen ou ANPIL!
mwen mem tou, noah. m'ap priye pou ou toujou.

and i too miss that sound you make (made? did you outgrow that?) when you chew. i miss your smile and your voice and your adorable triangular feet and even those screaming tantrums. i miss your sleepy sweaty head!

chak fwa mwen panse ave'w mwen priye pou ou. n'ap tann ou toujou! e petit mwen-a tou!

Lena Just Lena said...

Praying for your family during this difficult season.

God is great, no matter what.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how you all must feel. I am hoping for you that he will be home soon.

Elisabeth said...

You and your son have been on my heart a lot lately. I continue to pray for you and stand strong with you in knowing that our faithul God will bring Noah to you, where he belongs.

Petion-ville, Haiti said...

Michelle,
We know it is always to soon to give up!!! God's timing sure has wondering??
Sandy

Kathy Eden said...

Ditto to what Cara said. I've been praying that Noah can feel your love as well as hear you & Jeremy speak to him. I miss his smile too...it's so amazing. I pray he will come home soon!

Brandy and Troy said...

I read this post the other day but could not comment due to my overwhelming emotions. Know that I am praying for your boy to come home. I will be waiting at the airport on that glorious day!! We love you guys!!!

Sarah and Tim said...

Never forget what your pastor said July 4, 2004... In his message he read from Genesis "Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord." When he read that, the Lord spoke to my heart and told me, "Your Noah will find grace in the eyes of the Lord and I will deliver him from his destruction." Hang in there Michelle!

Kristina said...

I don't have the words to express what I feel, so I can only imagine how you feel.

Just know we stand with you in prayer and we will NEVER give up till he is home!

Love you guys!