Monday, September 29, 2008

Time flies....

We have been home from Haiti for almost 3 months now. It is crazy how time flies! I'm amazed at the transition the girls, and our whole family, has gone through in that time. I had always prayed for a smooth transition. I prayed that the Lord would prepare all of our hearts for the arrival of our children. I prayed and He has answered!! Although I had prayed for all of this, I still expected a few issues. Who wouldn't expect some issues when bringing two children into your home? In all honesty, I thought it would be harder than it has been. Praise God for answered prayers! He has given us strength and joy! He is so faithful to us!

Don't get me wrong, we are CRAZY busy!! ; ) It is just as I said prior to them coming home, "glorious chaos". I have more work now than ever and I rarely have a moment to sit, but I wouldn't change a thing. I force myself to sit at the computer occasionally to check e-mails and obviously post an update. I do more laundry than imaginable, but I'm reminded of the blessings who wear all those clothes. I cook; I clean; I teach; I read; I pray; I kiss; I wake up and do it all again, and I wouldn't change a thing. Oh, maybe I would hire a maid, but other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. ; )

The other day we went to Pump it Up, a local inflatable play land. The kids had a "Back to School" party with their friends from church. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but they kind of had a good time.


7 comments:

CG said...

It's amazing how SLOW the days are now, yet how fast they will be when our kids get home! I can't wait to flip that switch! Thank you so much for posting an update. Everyone looks great, and it's encouraging to see that they weren't "ruined" by all that extra time in Haiti. I often get to feeling like I'll never be able to "get the orphanage out of them" by the time they finally come home. I love seeing that God is much bigger than my fears!

Amanda said...

I love to read the updates of those who have children home. It encourages me so much! Thanks for updating, though I know your life is CRAZY busy in a blessed way!

Sarah and Tim said...

Michelle,

This is awesome to see them home, and having such a great time! I am so so happy for them, and you all! That Mia photographs so well!

angela said...

that does look like fun! i like the one of jordy and shelby!
praise the Lord for His great faithfulness to us!

Petion-ville, Haiti said...

Hey you all, That is southern for hi,
I loved the slide pictures. Mia and Hope look so very happy. I miss all the kids. Are you keeping Mia in pencils?
Sandy

Kathy Eden said...

I think the maid part is a great idea :o) I'm so glad they have transitioned so well. I pray that ours will do the same. I can't wait to be "crazy busy!" :o)
Your children are SO photogenic...the pictures are great!

megan haug said...

aw, love the pictures!!

can't wait until i can hang out w/ you guys in Evansville!! (i'm sure i'll at least swing by e-ville again sometime in my life...)