Friday, December 15, 2006

In Haiti!

Well, I'm sitting here waiting for Elias (YouYou's brother) to fix the wonderful little set up I had been using to talk to Jeremy. So I thought I would post quickly. I'm having a ton of fun. The kids, of course, are all great. They have all grown so much. I love playing with them. We have really had a blast this week. I arrived on Monday and we have colored pictures, painted fingernails and continue to explain to the boys that polish is pa pou gason yo (not for boys). The girls have also "cooked" for me and it was very good. They have had so much fun playing with a new dish set. They loved it!! Lourdesmia said she fixed spaghetti pou tout moun (for everybody). I told her li bon (it's good). My Creole has improved thanks to the kids. Lourdesmia and Angela were my teachers today. Teaching me the names of animals as well as many other things. Hopefully I can continue to learn and know more next time. Today was funny....Angela all of sudden looked at me with those big eyes and said, "Ou pale Creole?" (You speak Creole?) I wanted to say, "what do you think I've been speaking all week, pig latin?" But I didn't I just said, yes, a little. It was so funny!

Well I'm going to quickly post this before we lose electricity. Love to all and I will post pictures soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's what jeremy thinks we're speaking. or wishes we were speaking; then he'd understand more!!

Kristina said...

Thanks ladies I needed a good laugh!!!! It's 11:30 PM here. I just got off work from a VERY long day! This brightened the last 30 minutes of it!!! :)

Michelle I LOVE this picture! Did Todd take it? It looks like something he'd take. He likes non-posed pictures. He's kinda like a painter. He wants to capture you in your natural element of everyday life!
I'm sooo glad you have enjoyed your time. I know Todd was glad you would be down there at the same time. I can't wait to hear all about the daily goings on at the O!
Hugs,
Kristina

Angela said...

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see all your pictures. Enjoy your last full day. We miss you here!! Hug my kids one last time and tell them I love them!! I'll be praying for a safe journey home.

Kristina said...

I'll be praying too!

And I now know this is not one of Todd's pictures. Whoever took it did a GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

jeremy,

anytime you want an encore performance to "Ode to Technology" let me know. Kip is one of my favorite voices to imitate. i hear you like to quote movies as well.

michelle,

swiftly, you need to update your blog. i hear you missed your connection in FL, rats! (sorry zimbolo) but glad to hear you made it home safe.

Kristina said...

huh?