Wednesday, December 27, 2006

More from Haiti.....

Well, it's 4:38am and I can't sleep so I've been sorting pictures sending Snapfish albums and decided this would be the perfect time to post some new stuff from my trip.

I was so excited when I arrived at the O. Noah gave me this big smile and came running to me. This was much nicer than the trip in June when he remained mad at me for the first few days. We had a wonderful visit. Everyday, he would come in at recess and run straight to me for a hug. It was awesome! He has grown sooooo much. And talks.....and talks......it's so cute. I loved being able to understand him. Fortunately, I had learned enough Creole to make out most of what he was saying. OH, and he has the best stutter. I realize this may mean therapy in his future, but for some reason in Creole it's really cute.

I had a great visit with Angela. I am so thankful I was able to spend so much time with her. We had a great time, or at least this we did. I love watching her with the children. She truly loves them and it shows. It such a relief having her there. I know without a doubt the children are being cared for the best they can be. Thank you Angela for all you do! You are a blessing and I value our friendship more than you'll ever know. I miss you my friend!

One other aspect of my trip that I thoroughly enjoyed was meeting Elias, Angela's brother. He loved playing with the kids and when he wasn't playing with them, he was making planifications of when he could play with them again. We laughed so hard my stomach hurt. All I know is Mama & Papa Fairfield did an amazing job with these two. I hope to meet them someday as well. Oh, and Elias, Jeremy is still laughing at the Skip impersonation. He couldn't believe how much you sounded like him. Thanks for all your help so I could talk to Jeremy via your cool headset. It was great being able to hear his voice. I hope to introduce the two of you without the use of headsets or typing someday, but until then.....I'm writing for to tell you Hello! :)

Well, I think that's all for now. It's after 5: and I'm going to try and get some sleep before the kids wake up. Once again, I'll post more later......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

michelle! my dear friend! thank you so much for this highly complimentary post! it's true, my parents are amazing! so is my brother. and yes, i love those kids.
i miss them a lot! i can't wait to get back there! i miss you too and i'm excited that there are already planifications for us to meet again. i told my brother that we might have to go to indiana next Christ-mas since all the kids will be home!

Anonymous said...

"m-m-m-mmmama meechelle!" i can just hear him. thanks for the kind words. if you want to laugh, hang out with my dad for a while and have him tell stories! that's what we did this Christmas, it was great.

...Christmas in Indiana next year sounds like it'd be great. hmmm...

Michelle said...

I think Christmas in Indiana is a great idea!! Let the planifications begin!!

Kristina said...

Ohhhhh....that sounds good to the Burnett clan!

And thanks Michelle for sharing more. I love reading about your time there. I was amazed to see you glowing thru your writing about Haiti! Amazing, truly amazing!

Laura said...

I love reading about your time and how well the kids are cared for. The waiting is so hard but it does ease a little when we know our kids are being loved. I'm so glad you got to go and that your time was so magical. I can't wait to hear more!

Todd said...

WOW... where do I start....brilliant blog! and oh how I love those Fairfield kids!!!! Can't wait to have a California Hoosier Hatian Christmas next year....oh let the planificating begin!