Saturday, December 30, 2006

Have I mentioned....I love this girl......

Her name..... Lourdesmia(pronounced Loodmia). She is amazing and in her short little five years has been given up by 2 mothers. You see when I went in March another woman on the trip told Lourdesmia she was going to adopt her. Lourdesmia loved this woman. Her face lit up when she came into the room. She had a "Mama Blanc". Well as I'm sure you have figured out it didn't work out and unfortunately Angela had to break the news to Lourdesmia. So for the second time her heart was broken and aching for the love of a mother. Despite this, she is an amazing little girl that still loves with everything she has.

She was my sidekick on this last trip. I probably have more video of her than Noah or at least close. She rarely left my side and when I had to do something without her.....well, let's just say she wasn't thrilled. Her sister Suterlande is a doll as well. She really opened up this time and every time I went to the nursery she came running with the biggest smile. Lourdesmia loves her sister too! She really watches out for her. It's so sweet to see.....

I would adopt them in a second if I could, but currently that's not possible. I pray for her all the time, and I pray their parents find them soon. They have been at the O for quite sometime now and Lourdesmia has seen many of her friends go home to new families. I can't imagine how her little heart must feel every time people come to the O. It does happen where people will come for a mission trip and leave parents. It's awesome when it happens and I'm sure in her mind she wonders if it will be her this time. However, I wonder, will she believe it or will she be afraid it won't work out, like the last time.

Lord, I ask you to send Lourdesmia's parents to her soon. Lord, mend her heart and prepare her for their arrival. Create in her a trusting that only You can create and allow her the unconditional love of a Mommy & Daddy.

Anyway, have I mentioned....I love this girl......

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Honestly, I pray God would work it out for you to be their mom! The pictures of you two together show such a mutual admiration society! :)

But know I will pray as you are, that God would make known her forever family soon, real soon!!!!

And yes, I already knew you loved this girl!

Anonymous said...

oh my bia! i miss her so much! she is my right hand man down there and i can't even say how much i love her! she is such a blessing and i pray the same prayer for her and little su.
thankfully i was able to talk to her on Christ-mas, but that seems so long ago. i miss her like crazy.

Angela said...

She is an adorable girl.

"If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Matthew 18:19-20

Praying with you. It will be done!!

Anonymous said...

that girl has a special place in my heart as well. every time i see a picture of her...there's something special about her. what a great little girl. God has a great future for her!

Michelle said...

Yes He does Elias!! I can't wait to see what all He has in store for her. Speaking of that, I also pray He allows me that......to see....

Anonymous said...

you said "Yes He does Elias!! I can't wait to see what all He has in store for her. Speaking of that, I also pray He allows me that......to see...."

now you see! isn't it amazing how God reveals it to us in His perfect timing? He knows it in the future, but waits 'til just the right time to let us know.

i think it's cool how that picture is of you and two of your kids...but you thought it was just of you and your son and another wonderful girl. ...but God knew. He had it all planificated.

Anonymous said...

Isn't God great?

"I would adopt them in a second if I could..."


:)